Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life in the complex

Its a cloudy day, the hot weather abated. Fresh morning air, ahhh, so I step outside my apartment, keys in hand, ready to go change out my laundry, and I'm greeted by a used condom in its wrapper, laying there like a albatross on my door mat. My first response was to kick it, which I did. It rests now in the middle of the walk way, its purple wrapper standing out against the grey cement. Purple and grey do go well together.

I live in a large apartment complex, its not the projects but its about one step up from them. People do not care about the place and drop their garbage where they may be standing, let their animals pee on the stairwells and buildings next to their doors. This is where they live yet they have no sense of their surroundings and the fact that other people live there as well. My new truck was scraped and smashed along the lower passinger side door, of course no one takes responsiblity for the accident. I am left holding the bill.

We have one neighbor that stands in the middle of the parking lot airing her business punctuated by many foul words. We pretend not to hear but its rather difficult to drown out as she does it pretty much at the top of her lung. This is an almost daily event in which you can set your watch to. We have another neighbor whos apartment smells so bad the oder wafts up, when he opens his front door. He smells fairly ripe himself. I bought the truck from his father.  Getting the smell out is proving to be an epic task

And then there are the fucking bed bugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment