Friday, June 3, 2011

Goodbyes

Goodbyes are never fun nor easy... they just simply are. I said goodbye to my friend yesterday, a delightful goodbye, full of laughs, chocolate, red wine and intimacy. But it was still goodbye none the less. He has his things I have mine. He gives the best hugs, and most importantly I am myself around him as he is with me.  A good friend to have.
 At the airport I hugged him tight, kissed him, taking with me the touch the feel, savoring the bond we two have as friends. But it was still goodbye.
Not a good by forever, just till we meet again. May be a few months, may be never again. With us, the two of us, the paths we are on its just an unknown.  What I do know is that as a person I really like him. He is rare in this world, in that you can be yourself around him, and not many people have that acceptance of others. He just is one of those that does. Time with him speeds up and slows down. It is a break being able to just be yourself.  I had a break.  For that I am grateful.
I said goodbye to my friend yesterday, hugged him, kissed him, turned and walked into the airport, got on a plane and flew home. Time to be my other self again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment