Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sounds, touch, thought

Wind in the trees. waves crashing on the shore, a meadowlark singing, squirrels shouting indignantly at a cat. The hum of the air cooler in the background from the Safeway. My friends wonderful booming laugh. A 20 something kid high as he ran through traffic the police hot on his heels, "this is real" he announced his voice pitched with incredulity. My friends response along with his booming laugh. The hum of the interstate late at night. The whistle of train far in the distance. The mournful sound of a river barge heading up stream. The roar of a waterfall as it spills over the edge. The sound of thousands of people moving, talking and dancing at Movement.

My friends hug, to be wrapped up in those arms is a nice place to be.  kiss.. tender a promise of what could be. My dogs tongue on my hand. The embrace of friends as one stands and faces a fear. The simple pleasure of just holding a hand. An intimate embrace.

The promise of late fall, gave way to the lushness of its spring. The will of the people here astounds.  I am half way up the hill. I look behind a moment and see I've come a long way. I look forward. I can do this. I am not afraid anymore. Life....is....good.

No comments:

Post a Comment