Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Moments

Do I want time to slow down, speed up, or freeze a moment?
I just finished reading Einstein’s Dreams. This is the third copy of the book I initially bought in a book store in Bellingham, Washington in 1994. Reading it always makes me think.
Yes, there are times when I want time to slow dow when something in the future is going to happen and it seems that time is rushing towards it at a much faster pace. It is merely perception but none the less time seems to move faster. Then there are moments that I would like to freeze, a laugh, a touch, a smile, the crash of the waves on the shore.
Those moments are perfect in that, a perfect moment. However one can not stop the moment and ponder upon it one can only savor it and move to the next and remember fondly that moment they wished they could freeze.
Today was perfect moments with a friend. A smile, a conversation, a laugh, seeing his world through his eyes, it was a good day.
         A lyric comes to mind, “lend me your eyes and I’ll teach you to see.” Maybe I had just fallen asleep for a while and forgot to see. I am waking up I can feel it, I know it. A long stretch as my mind clears the slumber and my eyes focus, time to see, time to think, time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment