Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfull

Another Thanksgiving has past, much goes through my mind on that day and many things that I am grateful for. I thought that having a small thanksgiving would be lonely and sad. It couldn't be further from the truth. With the absence of a large amount of family, thanksgiving was as peaceful as I have ever had. No tension, no fighting, no knots in my stomach just a day of cooking and vegging.
There are many things that I have to be grateful for, my daughter, my mom, my dog,food on my table, that has been iffy a few times this year. My friends, several in mind, one in particular. Without those friends this year would have been a lot less bearable. My health while not 100%, it seems to be in a holding pattern, for which I'm grateful. I have a roof over my head, insurance, a vehicle. The pieces of my once shattered life are comeing back together and I'm stronger for it. I am thankful for the troops who stand in another country and serve our country. I am grateful for the beautiful blue sky, and the magnificent mountains here on Colorado. I am grateful to be alive and living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment